You are welcome to marry in church whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and whether or not you regularly go to church.
Lots of people marry in their own local church, but we know that you might like to have your wedding in a church away from where you live because it has special significance for you through family or other connections. An engaged couple can now marry in our beautiful old church if either of you can show just one of the seven connections with Mayfield parish that are listed below.
Mayfield Church in Spring
That one of you
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in our church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
If you would like more information getting married in our church please call Rev. Martin Soar on 01335 664650.