Activities and Events in Mayfield
The most commonly used venues for events are the Church, the Church Rooms and the Memorial Hall. Here are their addresses.
St John the Baptist Church
Mayfield Parish (Church) Rooms
Vintage Vehicle and Cider Festival, Mayfield Memorial Hall. More details to come.
Saturday 15th Sep
Mayfield Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Just £5 admission with live music from Jim Tracy. All welcome.
Sunday 30th September
Harvest Thanksgiving service, Mayfield Church. At 10.45 am. Helpers are required to decorate the Church for the service. Boxes of produce also required for the service which will then be auctioned at the Harvest Supper.
Monday 1st Oct
Harvest Supper, Mayfield Memorial Hall. The butcher has been booked to serve meat pie and mushy peas to be followed by fruit crumble. Helpers are required to set up the room and serve the food.
Saturday 20th Oct
Mayfield Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Just £5 admission with live music from Warren Dewitt. All welcome.
Sunday 11th November
Remembrance Service , Mayfield Church. At 10.15 am.
Saturday 17th Nov
Mayfield Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Just £5 admission with live music from the Desert Star Duo. All welcome.
Thursday 20th December
Christingle Service , Mayfield Church. At 2pm.
Saturday 22nd Dec
Mayfield Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Just £5 admission with live music from the Mick Denver. Christmas Party! All welcome.
Add an Event
If you would like us to add a village event, please enter details below
- Bell Ringing
- The Bell Ringers ring every Sunday before church. They practice on alternate Thursdays. To join the bell ringers please contact "Bell Captain" Margaret Wimbush - 324083.
- Sunday Club
- Every Sunday, starting at 10.30 am in the Church Rooms. Just turn up or contact Margaret Mansfield, Tel: 01335 343791. All children, from 3 years, welcome for stories, songs, craft and drama. Margaret will collect local children so you don't even have to drop them off.
- Henry Prince C.E. School Nursery / PreSchool
- Our school nursery is open every day and is free for children who are three to four years old. There is also free transport from villages like Stanton, Ellastone and Wooton. A teacher and a nursery nurse teach the nursery children. They are Ofsted inspected and the October 2017 report rated Early Years teaching (and the school in all areas) as good, saying "As a Church of England school, it provides a clear moral and social code, which values everyone equally. Pupils' cultural development is promoted well through the use of additional funding to visit places of interest, such as the local farm." For more details call Henry Prince School on 01335 342613 or see their web site.
- Mayfield Wendy Club
- The Wendy Club and Mayfield Parent and Toddler Group have merged. The Mayfield Wendy Club is named after Wendy Greatrex, who died in 2006. She had two children aged four and two: Oliver and Lucy. Wendy spent much of her time helping to look after children: she ran the Mayfield Parent and Toddler Group, assisted at the Norbury preschool and helped out at Henry Prince School.
The new group is for children aged under four together with their parents and carers. It meets on Tuesdays from 9.30 to 11.30 am. New members very welcome - just turn up or see the Henry Prince web site for more information.
- Little Hands Music
- Fun and learning through music for the under-fives and their parents or carers. Tuesday afternoons, M.R.A. pavilion. More details...
- Boogie Babies
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 10.30 am and 11.15 am. M.R.A. pavilion. More details...
- 1st Mayfield Scout Group
- Mayfield finally has its own scout groups: Beavers Scouts aged 6-8 years and Cub Scouts aged 8-10 1/2. Both boys and girls welcome. They meet on a Thursday night: 6 pm Beaver Scouts followed by Cub Scouts at 7.30pm. To get involved contact Katy Lewis, Group Scout Leader [email protected].
- Cadenza Ladies Choir
Every Wednesday 8-9.15 pm in the Church Room. Phone 300227 for more details.
A small ladies choir who perform concerts in the summer term and for Christmas to raise money for local charities. Contact Sue Tansey at [email protected]
- U3A Choir
- Fortnightly 2-4 pm in the Church Rooms
- Mayfield Music
- Arrange first rate concerts of both classical and contemporary works, usually four in a year, for the community in and around Mayfield. Their concerts have brought established performers of International repute to Mayfield. Contact [email protected], tel: 01335 342114.
- Heritage Group
- First Monday of the month, 7.30 pm in the Church Room. Contact [email protected].
- Book Group
- First Wednesday in the month, 2 pm in the Church Room. Most books can be obtained via the Book Chat service at Ashbourne Library. Not all choices have met with unanimous approval but we enjoy lively discussions and hearing the views of other members. If you wish to join contact Muriel Byron or Ruth Sands on 01335 344028.
- Writer's Group
- Second Thursday in the month, 7.30 pm in the Church Room.
- Mobile Library
- Every third Wednesday. Mayfield Avenue 1.10-1.25 pm, Upper Mayfield 1.35-1.50 pm, Rose and Crown 2-2.15pm. Upcoming visits: 9, 30 April; 21 May; 11 June; 2, 23 July; 13 August; 3 September.
- Walking Group Meet
- First Tuesday in the month, 9.30 am at the Church Room for village walk.
- Indoor Bowls
- Tuesdays 10.30 - 12.30 pm. Mayfield Memorial Hall.
- Line Dancing
- Beginners Wednesdays 7 pm, Intermediate 8pm, Classics 9.30 pm. Mayfield Memorial Hall. No need to book. £5 on the door.
- Senior Social Club
- Every other Friday 2 to 4 pm. Mayfield Memorial Hall.
- U3A Current Affairs
- Second Thursday in the month, from just after 10.00 am in the Church Rooms. Discussion begins at 10.30 am. About 15-18 members regularly attend.
- Health and Well Being Group
- Changes charity runs a free and confidential mutual support group which meets on Mondays between 1 and 3 pm in the Church Rooms. If you experience stress, anxiety or low moods just come along. More information 01889 567436
- Mayfield Parish Council
- Meet the first Wednesday of every month at 7 pm in the meeting room of the Mayfield Memorial Hall.
- Mayfield Memorial Hall Committee
- Meet the first Monday of every month at 7 pm in the meeting room of the Mayfield Memorial Hall.
Sunday club members receiving awards
for good attendance.
Add a Group or Activity
If you know of a village group that is not listed here, or would like to expand your group's listing, please let us know. We can also provide groups with their own web page for free!