Activities and Events in Mayfield
See also Twitter (@MyMayfield) .
The most commonly used venues for events are the Church, the Church Rooms and the Memorial Hall. Here are their addresses.
St John the Baptist Church
Mayfield Parish (Church) Rooms
Monday 19th August
Memorial Hall AGM, at Mayfield Memorial Hall. 7pm, everyone invited.
Saturday 31st August
Village Fete, Mayfield Recreation Ground. Bar by Memorial Hall volunteers, stalls, shire horses, fun fair, candy floss, bouncy castle, heritage display of well dressing memoriabilia, fun dog show, music, line dancing...More information or at https://www.wherecanwego.com/
Sat Sept 7th
Home Produce and Crafts Day, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Whatever people make they can sell. Tables will be free with a donation going to the Memorial Hall if you sell anything. 1pm onwards. Bar open. A community day. Anyone wanting a table contact Mandy Sowter
Sat Sept 14th
The Firebirds, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Recognised as one of Europe's top Rock n Roll bands The Firebirds cover the complete spectrum of music from the 1950s and 1960s. The band have released three singles and twelve albums.
Sat Sept 21st
Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Travis Logan. Doors open at 7:00pm, artists on from 8:30pm. £5 admission. More information call Ness on 07966 875599
Sat Oct 19th
Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Kentucky Rain. Doors open at 7:00pm, artists on from 8:30pm. £5 admission. More information call Ness on 07966 875599
Tina Turner, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Tickets selling out fast - call Ness on 07966 875599
Sat Nov 30th
Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Wayne T. Doors open at 7:00pm, artists on from 8:30pm. £5 admission. More information call Ness on 07966 875599
Sat Dec 21st
Country Music Club, Mayfield Memorial Hall. Thornhill. Doors open at 7:00pm, artists on from 8:30pm. £5 admission. More information call Ness on 07966 875599
Add an Event
If you would like us to add a village event, please enter details below
- Bell Ringing
- The Bell Ringers ring every Sunday before church. They practice on alternate Thursdays. To join the bell ringers please contact "Bell Captain" Margaret Wimbush - 324083.
- Sunday Club
- Every Sunday, starting at 10.30 am in the Church Rooms. Just turn up or contact Margaret Mansfield, Tel: 01335 343791. All children, from 3 years, welcome for stories, songs, craft and drama. Margaret will collect local children so you don't even have to drop them off.
- Henry Prince C.E. School Nursery / PreSchool
- Our school nursery is open every day and is free for children who are three to four years old. There is also free transport from villages like Stanton, Ellastone and Wooton. A teacher and a nursery nurse teach the nursery children. They are Ofsted inspected and the October 2017 report rated Early Years teaching (and the school in all areas) as good, saying "As a Church of England school, it provides a clear moral and social code, which values everyone equally. Pupils' cultural development is promoted well through the use of additional funding to visit places of interest, such as the local farm." For more details call Henry Prince School on 01335 342613 or see their web site.
- Mayfield Wendy Club
- The Wendy Club and Mayfield Parent and Toddler Group have merged. The Mayfield Wendy Club is named after Wendy Greatrex, who died in 2006. She had two children aged four and two: Oliver and Lucy. Wendy spent much of her time helping to look after children: she ran the Mayfield Parent and Toddler Group, assisted at the Norbury preschool and helped out at Henry Prince School.
The new group is for children aged under four together with their parents and carers. It meets on Tuesdays from 9.30 to 11.30 am. New members very welcome - just turn up or see the Henry Prince web site for more information.
- 1st Mayfield Scout Group
- Mayfield finally has its own scout groups: Beavers Scouts aged 6-8 years and Cub Scouts aged 8-10 1/2. Both boys and girls welcome. They meet on a Thursday night: 6 pm Beaver Scouts followed by Cub Scouts at 7.30pm. To get involved contact Katy Lewis, Group Scout Leader firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U3A Choir
- Fortnightly 2-4 pm in the Church Rooms
- Mayfield Music
- Arrange first rate concerts of both classical and contemporary works, usually four in a year, for the community in and around Mayfield. Their concerts have brought established performers of International repute to Mayfield. Contact email@example.com, tel: 01335 342114.
- Heritage Group
- First Monday of the month, 7.30 pm in the Church Room. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Club
- First Wednesday in the month, 2 pm in the Church Room. Most books can be obtained via the Book Chat service at Ashbourne Library. Not all choices have met with unanimous approval but we enjoy lively discussions and hearing the views of other members. If you wish to join contact Muriel Byron or Ruth Sands on 01335 344028.
- Mobile Library
- Every third Wednesday. Mayfield Avenue 1.10-1.25 pm, Upper Mayfield 1.35-1.50 pm, Rose and Crown 2-2.15pm.
- Walking Group Meet
- First Tuesday in the month, 9.30 am at the Church Room for village walk.
- Indoor Bowls
- Tuesdays 10.30 - 12.30 pm. Mayfield Memorial Hall.
- Wednesday evenings at the Memorial Hall.
- Line Dancing
- Monday evenings at the Memorial Hall from 7 to 9 pm. Everyone from beginners to more advanced dancers. Just £3.
- Senior Social Club
- Every other Friday 2 to 4 pm. Mayfield Memorial Hall.
- U3A Current Affairs
- Second Thursday in the month, from just after 10.00 am in the Church Rooms. Discussion begins at 10.30 am. About 15-18 members regularly attend.
- Health and Well Being Group
- Changes charity runs a free and confidential mutual support group which meets on Mondays between 1 and 3 pm in the Church Rooms. If you experience stress, anxiety or low moods just come along. More information 01889 567436
- Mayfield Parish Council
- Meet the first Wednesday of every month at 7 pm in MRA Pavillion.
- MRA - Mayfield Recreation Association
- Meet one Monday a month at 7 pm in MRA Pavillion.
- Mayfield Memorial Hall Committee
- Meet the third Monday of every month at 7 pm in the meeting room of the Mayfield Memorial Hall.
Sunday club members receiving awards
for good attendance.
Add a Group or Activity
If you know of a village group that is not listed here, or would like to expand your group's listing, please let us know. We can also provide groups with their own web page for free!